Grand Prix of Long Beach - Race Report
The Verizon IndyCar Series held the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach today.
Results (with starting pos.) for the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- 1. (17) No. 20 Conway, Chevrolet
- 2. (14) No. 12 Power, Chevrolet
- 3. (11) No 3. Munoz, Honda
- 12. (7) No. 9 Target Chevrolet (Dixon)
- 17. (18) No. 8 TNT Chevrolet (Briscoe)
- 18. (13) No. 10 Target Chevrolet (Kanaan)
- 23. (19) No. 83 NovoLog FlexPen Chevrolet (Kimball)
Details of the Day
- Kanaan was caught up in a mid-race accident that ended his day
- Dixon was leading the final stages of the race but had to pit for fuel as he ended up a lap short on an alternate strategy
- The No. 8 TNT Chevrolet encountered mechanical issues early in the race and was moved back to the garage for further investigation.
- The No. 8 was able to return to the race with 23 laps to go and make up five positions.
- The No. 83 NovoLog FlexPen Chevrolet reported mechanical issues and retired from the race on lap 40.
- The No. 83's mechanical issues are still under investigation for exact cause.
Scott Dixon, No. 9 Team Target Chevrolet:"It was a tough situation for the Target team to be in there leading at the end and not make it. We ended up being about a half of a lap short on fuel and didn't get a break with a yellow flag. We could have stayed out and tried it but then we would have risked running out of fuel and wrecking the field. I feel bad for the accident with Justin Wilson. I didn't expect him to be there on the outside so I will go talk to him. Not the day we wanted but we'll regroup and be ready for Barber."